The month of January has FLOWN by, but has been filled with so many wonderful things already. If this month is an example of the year to come, it is going to be a damn good year. :)
After a very busy month of December with holidays, performances, Burlesque, and work, getting to the new year felt like a huge relief. A week off to start the month was SO refreshing and needed. I don't very often give myself "mental health time", but I think it might have to become a more consistent thing. Stopping to breathe, think, process, and reflect is SO crucial and I think I am realizing it now more than ever. It is so easy to get wrapped up in all the things going on around us that it is so easy to forget about your own personal well being. In order to make healthy, positive changes, you have to start with yourself! I know I am VERY guilty of not putting myself as a priority in my own life, but it is important. A kind of selfish that isn't boastful or arrogant, but a kind of selfish to make sure you are healthy and happy! I am eating healthier, started a new workout regiment, and just am trying to make sure I feel good. Down 12 pounds so far this year and feeling much more energized each day. I really don't care too much about the numbers, but just want to feel GOOD!
I recently finished reading "The Defining Decade: Why your twenties matter-and how to make the most of them", and now I have had SO many thoughts running around in my head about what is ahead for me. The book was FANTASTIC and there were so many "AH HA" moments as I read. Sometimes the reaction was laughter, sometimes shock, and more often than not, a few tears. Not tears of being sad or upset, but just emotions flowing through me. It was like someone was picking my brain and making me think exactly about all those things you don't like to worry about. Love, work, body image, health, and the future. Fun, right?
![]() |
| Which made me cry.... The book or the beer?! You decide. |
My whole life, I have always been a planner. Always planning my next semester of classes, looking for new jobs to apply for, and reaching for that next big thing to add to my plate. And of course, carrying my planner with me like an appendage of my body at ALL times. Since finishing school in May, I have really been challenged in this area of my life. When life isn't split into semesters and there aren't many firm deadlines to plan for, how do I prepare for what is ahead?!?! While my job is going really well and things are continually getting better, I can't help but always think:
What is my next big adventure?
Grad school? Moving? Different job? New career field? Relationships? Pets?
Being patient is one thing I am trying SO hard to do. I am learning to "trust the process" and really work on continually improving myself. Working towards always being the BEST version of myself I can be. While I bookmarked nearly 50 spots in the book that had greats thoughts and quotations, this was the one pretty much sums it up:
"Yes is how you get your first job, and your next job, and your spouse, and even your kids. Even if it's a bit edgy, a bit out of your comfort zone, saying yes means you will do something new, meet someone new, and make a difference" -Eric Schmidt, executive chairman of Google
The only way to ever know if you will be good at something is by going for it. The first step to a exciting, fulfilling life is by saying YES to whatever may come along.
Enjoy every moment.
MQ

No comments:
Post a Comment