Monday, May 12, 2014

What is next?!?

Well since I haven't posted for months, my students are all in finals, and I am FINALLY caught up on my to do lists, I can do some blogging and updating!  The last few months have been a blur of so many fantastic things coming to an end and so many new opportunities that have come up!  Where to even begin........


I finished my first season in the Grand River Singers and could not be more thankful for the family I have gained in this group.  The transition out of college was much more difficult than I anticipated and these people have become my rock.  I was not sure what to expect when I jumped into this group, but I have gotten way more back than I could have ever asked for.  Very excited to be back for year 2 this season!


After a few months of being pretty damn busy, I got to return to Eau Claire a few different times for some of my favorites events.  The Fireball was bigger and better than ever and as always, The Viennese Ball did not disappoint.  It is crazy that even after being gone for nearly a year, EC still just feels so comfortable.  I am lucky to have so many wonderful friends who are willing to host me and can't wait to get back for a float down the river this summer!


Besides getting to meet the beautiful Natalie Weiss this spring, one of the best parts of the last months has been living with my brother, Nick.  It was SO wonderful to spend so much time together again and really see how we have both grown over the last 5 years apart.  I can honestly say he is my best friend and I am so sad to see him move away.  The last month living alone has been really quiet and calm, but I know you are moving on to an exciting new phase of your life.  You have great big adventures ahead, with an amazing boyfriend, in a fantastic city.  I wish you all the best in the world, and can't WAIT to come down and visit before your life gets super busy!


The last few months have been consumed by these beautiful people, the cast of Thoroughly Modern Millie.  I am so thankful to be back on stage and to have made so many wonderful friends.  These people have been so refreshing to spend time with and I really feel like I have made a whole new group of friends.  The tapping has been challenging, the music is great, but more than anything, I really enjoy the people I get to do the show with.  2 more weeks left and I am excited to see how it all goes! 


And I guess that leaves ME.  As I reach almost at year at my first full time job, I can't help but think back at how life has changed in the last year.  I can say I would never have guessed I would be where I am now, doing what I am doing.  Being the compulsive organizer/planner that I am, I think I often forget to have faith in the future.  Have faith that things are going to turn out the way they should, regardless of if it what you expect or not.  While work continues to bring challenges and unexpected ups and downs, I can truthfully say I am happy because of the people I am surrounded by.  I have the most supportive, hilarious, loving friends that never fail to amaze me.  Without them this year, I have no clue where I would be right now.  Thankful doesn't even begin to describe how I feel today for all the wonderful people and things in my life right now.

As summer approaches and more opportunities arise for new change, I know I will continue to rely on my network of support as I move forward.  Whether I change jobs, take on new opportunities, meet new people, or just stay where I am at, I am ready for something new and exciting.  With continued patience, positivity, and hard work, I know better things are ahead for me in the months ahead.  Just will have to wait and see what they will be :)

Enjoy every moment.
MQ

No comments:

Post a Comment