To start my day, I forgot my planner at home. While the average human being may think that this is not a big deal, this was a HUGE issue. My planner is an attachment of my body. When I don't have it with me, I feel like I am missing my right leg. Or my brain. I need my planner, highlighters, and colored pens at all times. I can't help it....... I guess "organizational communication" is a fitting major for me after all!
![]() |
| yes it is ALL color coordinated. get over it. |
After making a nice walk home in the rain to get my planner (which was surprisingly enjoyable thanks to Donna Summers Radio), I was back to school and working hard. The whole day went great until my campus tour. As an intern in Admissions, I give tours rain or shine, which I don't mind. The rain had ended and I was feeling pumped for a small tour group for a change. The second the door opened, I knew they would be an interesting crew. TRUST ME, they did not disappoint. Alumni telling horror stories, questions about rates of sexual assaults, forgetting my housing swipe care, and the grand finale......
I RAN INTO A WALL.
A big, brown, brick wall. I was so enthralled in conversation with a nice old man that I just kept walking and BAM, I hit the wall. They all shrieked as if I had fallen off a cliff, but I just turned red and died laughing. By the end of my tour, all I could do is laugh. As the awkward stories continued and I just kept getting more uncomfortable, I had to just keep telling myself it is only an hour and half....... hurry up and keep going. All in all, I still am laughing about how odd it was and my lack of ability to walk and talk at once. It is a Monday, that is for sure.......While I may have a little bruise tomorrow on my elbow, I am fine and functioning again. Eating veggies is feeling great and I already just feel healthier. Hopefully this SNOW on the way will not happen and I can enjoy the nice weather more often. 30 more school days until May 17th. WOOOOOOOO.
Enjoy every moment.
MQ

What a fantastic story! Running into a wall? Way to push through it, Mark! I'm sure you handled it expertly, with a great smile. Keep on spreading the joy!
ReplyDeleteThanks Johnny :) Hope to see you this weekend!
ReplyDelete