BAHAHAHA. THAT'S FUNNY.
What a great opportunity this experience has been and I could not be more happy with the outcomes of it all. I was selected as 1 of 20 in a pool of over 150 great people to be admitted to the program, offered an $18,000 Dean's Scholarship, and got many kind words of affirmation from the staff at DU. All along, I have been very unsure about if more school is the right thing for me right now. As much as I would love the opportunity to have my education paid for and move somewhere new and exciting, I know that right now isn't the right time. Fate has other plans for me and at this point, I am strangely okay with it.This time of being unsure has taught me so much.
1. While not getting responses to e-mails and hearing all sorts of information through the process was very frustrating, I have truly learned the value of being patient. As much as you can hope for a letter in the mail or an e-mail in the inbox, it is never going to come when you want it to. Timing always happens how it may, not how I want it to. While that is very frustrating, it is a good thing to learn. My boss has been reminding me nearly every day, "A watched pot never boils." I laughed at her at first, but she is totally right. Things happen when they are supposed to, not when you want them to. :)2. Being confident in yourself is the most important thing to remember through any lengthy interview process. The past two months have brought on a lot of self doubt and worry about if I am qualified for what I want to do. The waiting game is never fun, but will always be there. I have to constantly remind myself that I am a person of value and I can't let a job or school change that.
3. Support of friends and family is the best thing in the world. Without all sorts of encouragement and kind words over the last few months, I would have had a much more difficult time. To all of you who have helped me along the way, THANK YOU!!!! I am so grateful for the love and kindness you have shown me in the last 2 months.
Going to keep working hard, look for more jobs, and stay positive. I know I will find something soon enough. Just have to be patient enough to let it happen. I know my path isn't very clear right now, but my heart is leading me to different places then Denver, CO.
La Crosse, WI with the people I love sounds pretty great for now. :)
Enjoy every moment.
MQ
![]() |
| Goodbye Denver. You will remain a beautiful memory. :) |

No comments:
Post a Comment