Monday, July 29, 2013

Adulthood is......

I HAVEN'T BLOGGED IN SO LONG.....
OOPS.  Time to do some catching up and reflecting to get ready for a crazy week ahead!

Well first and foremost, my first month of being a full-time working adult is in the books nearly and I can't believe how quickly it has gone.  I will admit those first couple weeks brought on a lot of doubt and uncertainty, but I feel like I am finally finding my stride and getting comfortable.  Meeting with students by myself, organizing upcoming events, decorating my office, and learning the tricks of the trade.  The student population is SO much different than what I am used to and I know my experience is going to be fully utilized.  

Beyond working, life is pretty darn peachy.  Besides the ongoing saga of being on crutches and trying to figure out what is wrong with me, I feel pretty healthy and happy.  An MRI this week and some more appointments will hopefully bring some answers to what is wrong.  The doctor made it sound like my meniscus is probably torn, meaning some surgery and therapy may be on the way.  Hoping for some answers and a quick recovery to get back to my normal active self.

Grand River is going wonderfully and keeping my happy, even though I am not doing much.  Just having a community of people to spend my time with and relate to is fantastic.  We really are a family and even when people get frustrated or upset, we always seem to come out on the positive end of things.  I feel very lucky to have found a new community in a new city and I hope it continues to grow!

As I get settled in at work, I am thinking more and more about where this career field will take me.  I would love to stay here for a few years, then head back to school for my masters. While the initial search this past year seemed extremely overwhelming and daunting, I am so glad I went through the process of interviewing and applying.  I know my options now and hopefully will be able to find a place I can continue to learn and grow.  For now, I know the people I work with and students I interact with will keep me happy and thriving. :)

Looking forward to a few days of getting organized before moving this weekend!  I am moving into La Crosse with Nick and we are both SO pumped.  If you would have asked 18 year old Mark if he would ever live with Nick again, I am sure my response would have been NO WAY.  But I am so happy we have grown so much and will be sharing a place again. Once we get there it will be great, but it is the whole moving part that will be interesting. Especially when I can't lift or bend at all......... 
Should be interesting.

So many good weekends of visiting friends and performances have made for a busy, but fantastic summer so far.  August is NUTS, but hopefully will get to have some visitors and make my way back up to EC before the school year kicks in!

The 3rd Annual Door County Crew!  Was a PERFECT weekend away!
We are quite the crew...... That is for sure.
Great to have beautiful friends who like to be in La Crosse too!

Feeling very happy, motivated, and blessed.  I didn't think life would change so quick after graduating but it for sure has.  I feel myself growing, maturing, and really pushing myself to do what is best for me.  Being selfish is something I have always looked down upon, but as many people have reminded me lately, this is the time where I have to be selfish and do what is best for me.  Doing my best to keep my health and happiness as a priority and hopefully everything else just falls into place!  Until next time.......

Enjoy every moment.
MQ


No comments:

Post a Comment